Топ авторов темы

• Легенда

Биемба в Шарлотт 

Мозгов в Орландо

так и не взял автограф у Джордана

• 9 месяцев спустя...

заклинчили сегодня плейоффф и дивизион, с чем шек вес мо бамба и поздравляю

D3mFVxHXsAIT5Z_.png

так же радует душу что ненавистные соседи с маями практически не имеют уже шансов на постсизон (рассчитываю на 11/64, смотрим рассчёты снизу), при этом вероятно оставаясь в налогах, спасибо мильёну бонусов олейника за 1700 сыгранных минуток, щас вот магрудера отчисляют с робкой надеждой что заклеймят чтоб с налогов вылезти, потеха

Спойлер

DET MIA CHA PROB PO
41  40  40  1/64 DET
41  40  39  2/64 DET
41  40  38  1/64 DET
41  39  40  2/64 DET
41  39  39  4/64 DET
41  39  38  2/64 DET
41  38  40  1/64 DET
41  38  39  2/64 DET
41  38  38  1/64 DET
[DET  =  16/64 | MIA  =  0 | CHA  =  0]

40  40  40  2/64 CHA (via  3-way  h2h)
40  40  39  4/64 MIA (via  CONF)
40  40  38  2/64 MIA (via  CONF)
40  39  40  4/64 CHA (va  h2h)
40  39  39  8/64 DET
40  39  38  4/64 DET
40  38  40  2/64 CHA (va  h2h)
40  38  39  4/64 DET
40  38  38  2/64 DET
[DET  =  18/64 | MIA  =  6/64 | CHA  =  8/64]

39  40  40  1/64 CHA (via  DIV)
39  40  39  2/64 MIA
39  40  38  1/64 MIA
39  39  40  2/64 CHA
39  39  39  4/64 CHA (via  3-way  h2h)
39  39  38  2/64 MIA (via  CONF)
39  38  40  1/64 CHA
39  38  39  2/64 CHA (via  h2h)
39  38  38  1/64 DET
[DET  =  1/64 | MIA  =  5/64 | CHA  =  10/64]

TOTALS: [DET  =  35/64 | MIA  =  11/64 | CHA  =  18/64]

расклады по сиду орланды следущие: 31.25% for 6th (vs PHI) | 62.5% for 7th (vs TOR) | 6.25% for 8th (vs MIL)

Спойлер

1/4 for 7th (ORL w, BKN w)
    1/4 for 6th (ORL w, BKN l)
    1/16 for 8th (ORL l, BKN w, DET ww)
    3/16 for 7th (ORL l, BKN w, DET lw or wl or ll)
    1/16 for 6th (ORL l, BKN l, DET ww)
    3/16 for 7th (ORL l, BKN l, DET lw or wl or ll)

• 1 месяц спустя...

готов ли МОнстр БАМБА к подчинению нбашечки? думаю именно готов уже, ну или как минимум говтовитца, небольшой апдейтик с вебсайта

https://theathletic.com/983095/2019/05/17/magic-mo-bamba-critical-offseason/

Спойлер

Toggle navigation

GIVE A GIFT

MY TEAMS CITIES NHL MLB NFL NBA CFB CBB SOCCER FANTASY VIDEOS PODCASTS

Eager to prove himself, Mo Bamba is ‘super excited’ for his critical offseason

By Josh Robbins May 17, 2019 3 

ORLANDO, Fla. — Throughout the latter stages of his rookie season, Mo Bamba looked more like a college student than a professional basketball player. Wearing dark-rimmed glasses, he sometimes walked through the Orlando Magic practice facility clutching a three-ring binder and a pencil. He jotted down detailed observations about Orlando’s most recent game, focusing on the tendencies of opposing centers. That was his homework.

A professional athlete typically would not have received such an assignment, but Bamba was an exception. In early February, as Bamba felt discomfort in his lower left leg, doctors discovered a season-ending stress fracture in his left shinbone. Magic officials decided Bamba could make the healing process fruitful if, in addition to resting his leg, he spent extra time in the weight room strengthening his upper body and kept his mind sharp by studying game action.

At home or on the road, coach Steve Clifford and assistant coach Mike Batiste met with Bamba and listened as the lanky youngster provided his analyses.

“I don’t think he could have handled it any better,” Clifford said. “He was very serious about it and put a lot into it, and I think it helped him even more to understand the value of knowing centers in this league and the guys he’s going to be playing against for years to come.”

Soon, Bamba will have the chance to employ what he learned. Doctors recently cleared him to resume all on-court work at top capacity, and Bamba has moved full speed ahead into a critical developmental offseason. Barring an unforeseen setback, he likely will play in July for the Magic’s summer-league team in Las Vegas.

Bamba knows that many veteran players made significant gains in the months immediately following their rookie years, and he hopes to make a similar jump. He does not have to look far for inspiration. Ankle and foot injuries limited Magic forward Jonathan Isaac to 27 games as a rookie. Isaac spent the following summer fortifying his lower body and improving his game. As a second-year player this past season, Isaac played in 75 games and helped Orlando reach the playoffs.

“I’m super excited,” Bamba said. “This summer is big. I think everyone in the organization knows how big this summer is going to be for me as far as development.”

The Magic selected Bamba sixth overall in the 2018 NBA Draft, but team officials also knew he would require time to reach his potential. One of the areas Bamba must improve, a deficiency visible as early as last July’s summer league, was his conditioning. He fatigued quickly. While he would show tantalizing glimmers with an emphatic block, a thunderous dunk or a silky smooth 3-pointer, his intensity often waned.

The team’s second unit, the group Bamba typically played on, struggled the first few months of the season. The backup point guard spot, manned by Jerian Grant, was a problem area that only got resolved when Clifford replaced Grant with rookie Isaiah Briscoe in January.

At the same time, though, Bamba did not help much. Orlando was outscored by 15.2 points per 100 possessions when Bamba was on the floor, the lowest individual net rating for any member of the team’s playing rotation.

“I definitely had my ups-and-downs,” Bamba said. “There’s just so much to learn from and so much to grow from. I’m just really looking forward to next season and this summer.”

In his 47 games, Mo Bamba (left) ranked third among NBA rookies in blocks, averaging 1.36 per game. (Jasen Vinlove / USA Today)

The Magic started to win regularly after Briscoe gained his bearings and after Bamba’s injury elevated 26-year-old center Khem Birch onto the second unit.

All-Star Nikola Vucevic and Birch gave Orlando a formidable pairing at the center spot. Vucevic excelled as a floor-spacer, passer and defensive rebounder. Birch impressed as a rim protector, screen-setter and trailer on fast breaks.

This summer, however, Vucevic and Birch will become free agents — Vucevic an unrestricted free agent, Birch most likely a restricted free agent.

The possibility that the Magic and Vucevic will not agree on a new contract makes Bamba’s offseason even more critical. Bamba has said he hopes Vucevic will return, but the uncertainty over Vucevic’s future adds to Bamba’s urgency.

“Having him would be great,” Bamba said of Vucevic. “He’s an All-Star-caliber player. To just be able to come off his footsteps and to see and learn from the areas of where he’s been strong at and areas where he hasn’t been as strong at, it’s going to be big for me. And I’m looking forward to whatever challenges that may come.”

Jeff Weltman, the Magic’s president of basketball operations, has said Bamba’s presence will not impact how the franchise negotiates with Vucevic in free agency.

Weltman stressed the team will not ask too much from Bamba too soon. Bamba turned 21 years old on May 12 and he will require time to fill out his 7-foot frame.

“Mo had in a way a similar (rookie) year to Jonathan in that he was injured much of the year and was unable to show what he could do,” Weltman said. “But Mo’s timetable is Mo’s timetable, and I really believe that we’re going to look back on this injury with Mo and look at it as a blessing. I think that what Mo hasn’t been able to show anybody — what fans don’t see or the outside world (doesn’t see) — are all the gains that he’s made internally.

“We’ll allow that to unfold, as I always say, as it does. That’s his timetable. And for us to throw out Mo (in a huge role) before he’s ready would be doing a disservice to him. I strongly believe that Mo will be an elite-level player in this league and that Mo has all the ingredients — the skills, the size, the intelligence, the desire — to put it all together. As I said, you can’t just say on draft night that we’re going to be patient. You have to actually be patient. That doesn’t mean that there’s not an urgency for Mo to work hard and improve and get better, and he understands that. But that will happen as it happens.”

Bamba has said he recognizes some changes in himself. His upper-body work has solidified his core muscles and enlarged his arms. His focus on opposing centers’ tendencies, such as how the Toronto Raptors’ Marc Gasol jabs at the ball on defense, has made Bamba more knowledgeable.

When Bamba was asked to name the favorite moment of his rookie season, he offered an immediate response: the Magic’s April 7 victory in Boston. That win clinched Orlando’s first playoff berth in seven years.

Bamba watched that game from the Magic bench. Wearing his eyeglasses, blue jeans and a navy suit jacket over a gray hoodie. Just seconds after the final buzzer, he put his long right arm around Clifford, and they both smiled from ear-to-ear.

In the years ahead, Bamba plans to experience additional moments like that one — not as a student but as a player.

“I feel pretty good and I’m nowhere near the finishing point of developing,” he said.

(Top photo of Mo Bamba: Kim Klement / USA Today)

What did you think of this story?

MEH

SOLID

AWESOME

Josh Robbins is a senior writer for The Athletic and has covered the Orlando Magic since 2009. Before he joined The Athletic, he worked for the Orlando Sentinel for 18 years. His work has been honored by the Football Writers Association of America, the Green Eyeshade Awards and the Florida Society of News Editors. He serves as president of the Professional Basketball Writers Association. Follow Josh on Twitter @JoshuaBRobbins.

3  COMMENTS

Jonathan K.

May 17, 6:44pm

2 likes

Glad to hear the update from Mo. Look forward to seeing him in summer league. My keys for him are: Bulking up, conditioning, and staying out of foul trouble. Next year will be an exciting year.

David Z.

May 17, 8:39pm

1 like

Dave z. Will be interesting to see how weltman sees mo assuming vooch is signed and khem stays. From your story mo may start behind khem until his conditioning is not an issue.

Adrian J.

May 18, 3:08am

1 like

man i have so much hope for this guy. he is the most critical player in how high the ceiling for this team is for the next 5 years.

READ MORE

History shows odds are not difficult for longshots to win NBA Draft Lottery

By  Fred Katz

May 14

What should Frank Vogel’s two seasons with the Magic teach the Lakers?

Josh Robbins

May 13 7 Comments

Orlando Magic 2018-19 report card: Lots of ‘A’ students on this much improved squad

Josh Robbins

May 6 7 Comments

Pat Williams is retiring from the Magic, but his legacy endures

Josh Robbins

Apr 29 1 Comment

Recap: Q&A with Orlando Magic reporter Josh Robbins, May 2

Josh Robbins

Apr 29 27 Comments

Scenes from Magic Exit Interview Day: free agency, baby on the way and a Fultz update (sort of)

Josh Robbins

Apr 25 3 Comments

National

NHL

MLB

NFL

NBA

College Football

College Basketball

Fantasy Football

Fantasy Baseball

Fantasy Basketball

Fantasy Hockey

Golf

Soccer

MLS

Premier League

La Liga

Champions League

International Soccer

NWSL

The Athletic Ink

Podcasts

Video

US

Arizona

Atlanta

Baltimore

Bay Area

Boston

Buffalo

Carolina

Chicago

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Columbus

Dallas

Denver

Detroit

Houston

Indiana

Jacksonville

Kansas City

Las Vegas

Los Angeles

Memphis

Miami

Minnesota

Nashville

New Orleans

New York

Oklahoma

Oregon

Orlando

Philadelphia

Pittsburgh

Sacramento

San Antonio

San Diego

Seattle

St. Louis

Tampa Bay

Utah

Washington DC

Wisconsin

Canada

Calgary

Edmonton

Montreal

Montr?al (fran?ais)

Ottawa

Toronto

Vancouver

Winnipeg

Buy a Gift

Student Discount

Share for $10

HQ

Blog

Careers

Code of Conduct

Business Inquiries

Press Inquiries

Writing Inquiries

Support

FAQ

Forgot Password?

Redeem Gift

Email Us

©2019 The Athletic Media Company. All rights reserved.

Terms of Service

Privacy Policy

Payment Terms

[email protected]

• 1 месяц спустя...

готов ли орландо again продемонстрировать quality зацыпившись в postseason сражениях? думаю именно что готов, ну или как минимум говтовитца, напомню шо хейтерочки утверждали шо с августином в старте не попасть в playoffs теперь ети же люди уже дважды подумают before делать подобные statements. elfrid payton isn't walking through that door, people. дрифтаннут океке, продленны ивунду мкв вуч рос, подписанн амину, уволенн мозгод. фульц поджидает возможности обрушиться на ваши грехи с неожиданной дистанции, всё идет по плану.

me gusto :diao:por favor:shaqplus:

• 2 месяца спустя...

у орланды всё шибко налаживается. всё круто у меджик будет. щас новый сезон для каманды орландо меджик намечается очень успешный. айзек и гордон будут во фронте бегать включительно, ето круто. августина все обсирали но он всех урыл, теперь ещё фульц готов насаживать, ето мощно очень. мобамба зверь похоже охуевший, ето жёско друзья. орланда способна сварачивать горы, как минимум уже сейчас в предсезонке.

маркель мочит в прыжке фейдевей данки, подтверждено. ставочка на маркеля.

• 1 месяц спустя...
В 06.10.2019 в 22:13, Red Sonja сказал:

у орланды всё шибко налаживается. всё круто у меджик будет. щас новый сезон для каманды орландо меджик намечается очень успешный. айзек и гордон будут во фронте бегать включительно, ето круто. августина все обсирали но он всех урыл, теперь ещё фульц готов насаживать, ето мощно очень. мобамба зверь похоже охуевший, ето жёско друзья. орланда способна сварачивать горы, как минимум уже сейчас в предсезонке.

маркель мочит в прыжке фейдевей данки, подтверждено. ставочка на маркеля.

и кого там это недоразумение насадило? да списанные всеми Огастин и МКУ лучше него будут

4 minutes ago, alex1917 said:

и кого там это недоразумение насадило? да списанные всеми Огастин и МКУ лучше него будут

Здравствуйте, берегут бамбыча пока што, кажется на данном сезоне не стоит ждать особенных достижений, пасаны расходимся

• 1 год спустя...

can Coach Mosley elevate Magic to a next level? I don't think so, mavericks weren't necessarily known as defensive powerhouse imho so it's a bit of a shocking hire for me personally (mobamba will annihilate nba though fr fr)

mo-bamba-of-the-orlando-magic-walks-off-

• 1 год спустя...
  • Легенда

Немного истории:
rueeb8ba8ce60.jpg

rue33bc1dafee.jpg

rue5575866f0b.jpg

ruea435898710.jpg

rue8bb1b93248.jpg

rue18b4455258.jpg

rue23b996d242.jpg

rue7aa21e16c0.jpg

rue8b4e75bbbd.jpg

rue6293de3ae7.jpg

ruec8465c4c50.jpg

Хорошая была команда

Могли стать династией

• 1 месяц спустя...

Присоединяйтесь к обсуждению

Вы можете написать сейчас и зарегистрироваться позже. Если у вас есть аккаунт, авторизуйтесь, чтобы опубликовать от имени своего аккаунта.

Гость
Ответить в этой теме...

×   Вставлено с форматированием.   Восстановить форматирование

Разрешено использовать не более 75 эмодзи.

×   Ваша ссылка была автоматически встроена.   Отображать как обычную ссылку

×   Ваш предыдущий контент был восстановлен.   Очистить редактор

×   Вы не можете вставлять изображения напрямую. Загружайте или вставляйте изображения по ссылке.

Поделиться

•  (0 пользователей онлайн):

Ни одного зарегистрированного пользователя не просматривает данную страницу